Sunday, February 3, 2008

It is sunny and currently 59. We have just finished breakfast. Cooked by my wonderful husband. We have this deal that if he cooks I do dishes. I'm hoping he will do dishes if I cook. But not holding my breath. I might die otherwise. We have not done much since we got here but eat, converse with other couples, and sleep. We did learn how to play regular shuffleboard yesterday. Dad's team won. But mine lost. They said I did very well. It was my partner that caused us to lose. We had to draw for teams. It was rather fun. There are some really nice couples here. I think I am the youngest one. But I don't mind. We haven't explored the area yet. Hope to do that soon. Want to find the Wal-Mart and the church. There isn't any tennis. Boo Hiss for Dad. But he should have brought his guitar because there is a group that gets together every day from 2 - 4 and play blue grass music. He would have fit right in. It's a little boring because I was looking for more activities. But very glad that the people are very very friendly. We went to supper last night with 2 other couples. We went out for pizza. Ci Ci's is where we went. It was a little like Pizza Hut. They have 2 different lettuce salads. And lots of different pizza's. All you can eat for $4.99 with water. If you want a soft drink, then it's another $1.19 When we got back we sat out around a fire with them. They have a fireplace that is like our's on the porch except much smaller. Th Th That's all folks! More later.

3 Comments:

Debbie Ann said...

Yep, should have drug the guitar along.

Josh drives me crazy sometimes. He wants to take his just about everywhere we go. Just when I think there's no more room to pack ANYTHING, he seems to find room for his guitar. lol Crazy kid!

Grandma 2 Six said...

YEP, Takes after his mother and grandfather. I asked dad if he wanted to take it. It was his decision not to.

Robin said...

Good to hear something from you since you've been there. I was wondering about how things were there. I did read what little they had on the net about the place. Saw that there weren't as much activities like you said, and read about the jam sessions they have. Just figured dad probably took his guitar. When I read about no tennis I thought, oh boy, what's Dad gonna do. Hope it won't be too boring. I guess you'll just have to do a little more sight seeing or something to keep busy and of corse there's always swimming if it's warm enough (59 is a bit cold to swim), and shuffleboard. Glad to hear you did good. :) And had a nice time out with some people.

ttys.
Love,
Robin