Good Morning. Tuesday was my last & final celebration of working at the University. I went to the Exec Vice President & Treasurer's Luncheon. This is the recognition of those individuals who report to the EVPT. The recognition luncheon is given for those employees with 10 or more years of service. Those that were recognized Tuesday had a combined 3000+ total years of service. Each individual that was recognied received their award plus a picture was taken with their head of the department and with Dr. Olsen from the EVPT office. At the end of the celebration, those with 25yrs or more were part of a group picture. These pictures, the individual & group, will be sent to each person recognized. My boss said "this is the longest celebration of retirement for one person that he has ever seen". For those that don't already know, I retired on Jan 31, 2007. I had a retirement party from those at work on Jan 18th, a retirement dinner for those that retired from the University on May 10th, and then this luncheon on Tuesday for years of service. He asked: "Did you have this planned when you picked your retirement?" "Of course," I replied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Proud of you as always. Congratulations!-- can't wait to see the pictures. :)
Post a Comment